Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Fall Fotos (x post 29er)

741 views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  tigerdog 
#1 ·
Took off work today (if you look at the bottom of the main page you'll see why). Here's are a few shots of Monte Sano from this afternoon.

See less See more
#15 ·
dragness. may be blamed on the big s chainstay protector. nuthin as frustratin as a 1st ride on a new bike stalled by somethin like that.

great fall pics guys. yer lucky to still have that weather. like zilla, our fall ended weeks ago and i shoveled snow today. it begins.

#17 ·
Bikezilla said:
Kinda sux all that low profile protection design only to get offed by a twig.
Sorry to see it. Def mail it in and see if they'll warranty or CR it. Shimano can be pretty good about it at times.
I think the plate that connects the mech to the hanger is what's bent and I'm hoping it can be ordered on it's own.

Great shots guys. It was a beautiful autumn day in Clear Springs, MS, yesterday.

#19 ·
tigerdog said:
I think the plate that connects the mech to the hanger is what's bent and I'm hoping it can be ordered on it's own.
I'd be interested to know if it is; I thought mine was totaled after it ended up in the rear wheel, but upon closer inspection it appears that mounting plate took the brunt of it.

I'm pretty sure the whole issue was of my own doing, but then I'd only broken one XT rear derailleur in the last ten years before installing this Shadow and busting it on the first ride. :rolleyes:

#24 ·
miles e said:
I'd be interested to know if it is; I thought mine was totaled after it ended up in the rear wheel, but upon closer inspection it appears that mounting plate took the brunt of it.

I'm pretty sure the whole issue was of my own doing, but then I'd only broken one XT rear derailleur in the last ten years before installing this Shadow and busting it on the first ride. :rolleyes:
Just got a call from Ratboy. He ordered a bunch of them for his shop today. Said they're around $6. Good news. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.