717 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  mr magu 
#1 ·
Here are some pictures of the 12 hours of Temecula at Vail lake resort

A lot of Turner there :thumbsup:

More to come

See less See more
#7 ·
Ouch

That second picture pretty much sums up how I felt, suffering. Being fat and slow does not help when it is hot and windy, well it don't help anytime but really upped the pain Satuday. I had never done an event like this, Team-relay-multiple laps and I even got to race a lap in the dark!! Unless some medical reason keeps you from racing after dark I highly recomend the experience if any of you have never done an event like this. It was so cool blasting thru clouds of dust and chasing shadows and light beams in the night. Ruts that went 'flat' from the lights can get your fear hairs up, but nothing that letting off the brakes won't cure. What a great time.

We let several racers take bikes to race a lap or 2 on, including a solo guy that tried a lap each on the Flux, Sultan and the 5Spot! Then he tried other brands lap at a time as the day wore on,, that is a hard core way to test a lot of bikes. Almost dark a guy needed a bike as his other branded bikes' chainstay had broke, so we let him finish out his race on a Spot. Actually we almost left him with the bike! Eric and I were the last ones there and were pretty spun out and forgot about the last demo. Lucky for us he rolled up as I was changing outa my race duds.

Thanks to everyone that came out, it was a good time.

DT

#10 ·
dubjay said:
Some good times out there this weekend. Thanks for the pics. Got any of #63?

I wanted to check the 09 Sultan, but ran out of time. Guess that's a good thing, because I like my 08 a lot. :) I still want to try one out eventually though...
Sorry no pic of the #63 !

I arrived late due to the fires in Chino hills ( get stuck 4h on my way back by the way!), and stay only 3H walking around.
Get lucky to shot Dave and some flying riders in this downhill section :thumbsup:

#11 ·
turnerbikes said:
Almost dark a guy needed a bike as his other branded bikes' chainstay had broke, so we let him finish out his race on a Spot. Actually we almost left him with the bike! Eric and I were the last ones there and were pretty spun out and forgot about the last demo. Lucky for us he rolled up as I was changing outa my race duds.

Thanks to everyone that came out, it was a good time.

DT
That was my buddy. I told him you were packed up and ready to roll, waiting on him. So he coulda scored!
Great to see you there (I was on the Flux w/ the official Homer jersey...)
Lots of Turners, good to see the bikes out there, and way cool of you to hook up one of my team riders with a bike. No surprise, though. Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.