Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Why do frame makers not list leverage curves?

551 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Dad Man Walking 
#1 ·
I think the leverage curve is just as important to my purchase decision, as suspension type and frame geometry.

It doesn't seem like many frame makers are posting their curves. Why is that? Does the average buyer have not a single clue to what it is or how it changes the ride?

I'm surprised Turner does not list them, seeing as how their core base knows a lot about that stuff.

These guys post them. Cool looking frames I will have to say too.

http://www.zumbi.pl/english/f44.php

#2 ·
YoPawn said:
I think the leverage curve is just as important to my purchase decision, as suspension type and frame geometry.

It doesn't seem like many frame makers are posting their curves. Why is that? Does the average buyer have not a single clue to what it is or how it changes the ride?

I'm surprised Turner does not list them, seeing as how their core base knows a lot about that stuff.

These guys post them. Cool looking frames I will have to say too.
No, most of the homers do NOT understand the rates and how they apply to the DW suspension. The information then can be misinterpreted, and it defeats the purpose. It gets rediculous, you don't know that all the manufacturers will even be truthfull, then one posts certain information, then the other one tries to "one-up" them, and then it just gets rediculous. I'd agree that maybe some basic information like severe falling rates and such would be nice to know, but it's too easy to misinterpret.

#3 ·
YoPawn said:
Well there's your problem. Your purchase criteria are all wrong. If you asked people on this board why they bought a Turner, their answers would include the following (among many others):

- Because they ride great...
- Because they are well built...
- Because they are low maintenance...
- Because Turner stands behind their product with great service...
- Because chicks dig them...
- Because it was red...

But leverage curve? That's even lower than "because it makes my ass look bigger." Waaaay lower.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.