Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Is this a good bike for the price

747 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Dreth 
#1 · (Edited)
I found another option

[/B]

#2 ·
Flash $300 cash in front of the seller.......he'll probably take it. 1990s vintage Cannondale Super Vees do not sell for more than $500/TOPS. The seller will be staring at the bike for a VERY LONG TIME.....if he thinks he can get $800 for it. Show him $300 cash and keep another $40 in the other pocket- in case he wants better. No more than that, though!

#3 ·
Definitely not worth $800. For $800 you can get an 09 Motobecane Fantom or a number of very nice bikes that will treat you better than this. Like Zachariah said, its 'worth' $500 for someone who wants that bike, but I don't really see any particular reason to want it in the first place.

#4 ·
Agreed. That bike is worth something to someone that's into old Cannondales or wants to Uberize it and already has the swing arm. Even given that I don't think one of these people that "really wants THAT bike" would pay $800 for it.

You can get a bike with a much more modern suspension design, mid-range parts, and one or two years use for that price. (think 06-07 Blur or similar)

#6 ·
I nearly bought one last month for $1000 or maybe it was a superlight...same point. Guy sold it out from under me AFTER I'd told him it was sold and he bailed on our meeting. Grant he'd done a horrid rattle can paint job on it. Not that I cared; I was going to scrap the frame.

Just sold an 07 Cannondale Rush 4 for $1000, and it had maybe 100 miles on it.

Maybe I'm stretching it a bit, but you can get a much nicer bike for $800

#9 ·
it is a dated design. think about buying a 12 year old computer. technology has really come a long way, especially in the full suspension category, over the last 5 or 6 years. You would be much better off buying something newer with mid range components.

#10 ·
id pass on it.. looks like the guy modded it out nicely but it is not worth 800, if i had 800 cash for a bike id hit ebay with my sights set on a 04 to 06 prophet . been alot of them lately too. whatever you decide good luck and like the guy mentioned above flash 300 to him he may take it ,and 300 for that isnt bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.