Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Cannondale F5 or F4?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Ray Lee 
#1 ·
The Cannondale F4 (caffein frame) is made in USA. Can someone tell me wether the quality (stifness) is much better then the F5 (made in Asia)? My weight is only 50kg's; would I notify the difference in the frames?

The F5 with Magura V-brakes is nearly as expensive as the F4 with disc brakes...

Thanks a lot for your opinion, Veronique

#2 ·
You will get better answers in the Cannondale forum with the more tech stuff between the frames (f4 and f5) ... I know the geometry is slightly different between them

and as for the US vs. newer overseas F5's, my friend has both types and he cant feel anything and we sure cant see difference (welds and paint)

If I had the choice I would buy US but honestly just because its my home team :thumbsup:

regards
Ray

Veertjesks8 said:
The Cannondale F4 (caffein frame) is made in USA. Can someone tell me wether the quality (stifness) is much better then the F5 (made in Asia)? My weight is only 50kg's; would I notify the difference in the frames?

The F5 with Magura V-brakes is nearly as expensive as the F4 with disc brakes...

Thanks a lot for your opinion, Veronique

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.