Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

BMX kid looking in to street mtb.

528 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  xj bmx 
#1 ·
So looking to get a bigger wheel bike with a BMX feel.

My main resion is to keep in shape and as sexy trasnportation and if im on a bike im gonna want to learn some tricks on it. sooooo

I want to stay in the singel speeds. No suspention.

Im looking at a origen 8 29er complete bike(or something like that) not the most 20" feeling but it seems as close as i can find localy.

Also. why are you guys seats so high and bars so low? seems like a backs nightmare.

thanx guys.

#2 ·
If you want a mountain bike for urban/trials riding you don't want a 29er, not by any means. It will be much heavier than a 26'er. Hell you can go for 24" tires if you want.

Look into DJ bikes like the Jack from trek or something similar like the Shonky from Kona:

http://www.konaworld.com/09_shonky_u.cfm

Light bike with no suspension. Though tbh, I'd get like a 80mm travel fork for a trials bike. But that's just me.

The reason we ride with our seats high (sometimes) is that it boosts pedaling efficiency as opposed to having the seat down and our legs scrunched up. I only ride seat high for climbs, commuting, and long XC or road rides. When it's free ride or DH the seat stays really low. Ever see how they ride on the Tour de France? Same principles.

#4 ·
Awsome thanx guys.

I actually just found out that Sunday! bikes is makeing a cruzer soon. wich is perfect since my next bmx frame is gona be a Sunday!

also, Cruser, DJ, Trials.

is there much difrence? ive noticed some trials bikes like the Echo have crazy geomitry, but some look the same as DJs and Cruzers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.