Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

deity pedals

5K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  kenbentit 
#1 ·
on site check em out. deitycomponents.com post pics if you can cause i cant

#4 ·
another one? Gheeze, i'd expect more from Deity

oh man - those look just like the Pivit pedals, Kona Wah Wah pedals and the BeBop pedals. good to see Deity spent the time and effort to design their own pedals this year.

not that i can knock whatever factory is making this in Taiwan. The pedals are pretty darn good. I ran the Haro/Premium version of these pedals all season. The held up well. Though I did bend the right axle a bit, and the bolt that holds everything together is made of some pretty weak metal. stripped the allen head out on one side w/o even trying.

Kona Wah Wah
BeBop

no image of the pivit feather lite - but i got a set here in a box.

It seems that there is 1 basic design somewhere in some factory in Taiwan and companies are able to make variations to that design. For instance the Wah Wah pedals have some pins in the middle, the Pivit have just outer edge pins that have been specifically placed there by a nice fellow from Haro, blanking on the name at the moment. But he did say they tested different pin placements over a couple months.

Don't get me wrong, these pedals are great, super thin, and can take a good beating. I just would have expected a bit more from Deity.

#7 ·
atomicAdam said:
Don't get me wrong, these pedals are great, super thin, and can take a good beating. I just would have expected a bit more from Deity.
Why? It's not like they have done anything groundbreaking as far as innovation goes in the industry. All they've done is taken parts that have been around for years, leave them virtually unchanged, paint them white, and then stamp their cool font-ed name on them.

Don't get me wrong though, a bike with all Diety components definatly looks boss, but I wouldn't be expecting anything else from them.

#8 ·
dowst said:
Why? It's not like they have done anything groundbreaking as far as innovation goes in the industry. All they've done is taken parts that have been around for years, leave them virtually unchanged, paint them white, and then stamp their cool font-ed name on them.

Don't get me wrong though, a bike with all Diety components definatly looks boss, but I wouldn't be expecting anything else from them.
You have a point, maybe I shouldn't have expected anything more. It is just this is so glaring.

#9 ·
Thanks for the posts guys...

Too bad almost all companies are never as "groundbreaking" or "innovative" as they would like or strive to be, but in terms of our pedals, when Spring rolls around and we release the superlite 365 gram Decoy LT pedals at an amazing price...people may look at it different.

Nevertheless, to say we just take parts and stamp a log into them is misinformed and incorrect. Take a look at our entire product line, the pricing we set, the warranty programs we offer, and the support we give to EVERY customer of ours.

In this day and age...that by itself seems to be groundbreaking.

Thanks for the support, feedback, and as the year progresses, you guys will be seeing a ton more new products from us. We are a small rider owned company with zero external assistance as we fund everything internally, I design everything from the product, site, artwork, and more than likely if you send a tech question...you will be hearing from me.

We are light years ahead of the past few years and because of the support of our customers and the fact that we listen to you...we can only hope to continue bringing you guys products you like.

Regards,

Eric
deity

p.s. By the way, we are doing a giveaway for a free set of Decoy Pedals. Check out the details and if you run a deity part...please enter!

http://www.deitycomponents.com/contest.htm

#10 ·
deity said:
Thanks for the posts guys...

Too bad almost all companies are never as "groundbreaking" or "innovative" as they would like or strive to be, but in terms of our pedals, when Spring rolls around and we release the superlite 365 gram Decoy LT pedals at an amazing price...people may look at it different.

Nevertheless, to say we just take parts and stamp a log into them is misinformed and incorrect. Take a look at our entire product line, the pricing we set, the warranty programs we offer, and the support we give to EVERY customer of ours.

In this day and age...that by itself seems to be groundbreaking.

Thanks for the support, feedback, and as the year progresses, you guys will be seeing a ton more new products from us. We are a small rider owned company with zero external assistance as we fund everything internally, I design everything from the product, site, artwork, and more than likely if you send a tech question...you will be hearing from me.

We are light years ahead of the past few years and because of the support of our customers and the fact that we listen to you...we can only hope to continue bringing you guys products you like.

Regards,

Eric
deity

p.s. By the way, we are doing a giveaway for a free set of Decoy Pedals. Check out the details and if you run a deity part...please enter!

http://www.deitycomponents.com/contest.htm
Thanks for the input Eric.

If you guys can get those pedals down to 365g and get the price below the $80 ic kona and pivit selling these pedals for than I am all for your version. That beat the competition in price and weight for sure.

Like I said above. These are very good pedals, and I didn't mean to come off harsh, I guess I just thought Deity would do something a bit more custom. Seeing as I saw like 4 version of these at Interbike this year, maybe I am just jaded.

#11 ·
Yeah, there are a few companies making a "similar" pedal such as Macneil, Kona, Premium / Haro, etc... It is an amazing internal design that actually works well.

Our goal though was to offer our first version of the Decoy Pedals at one of the lightest weights and lowest prices of any thin pedal on the market. So, if you compare stat by stat to some other pedals, you will notice that our pedals probably weigh and cost less already.

Either way though, if anyone has doubts, we are excited to surprise them with the second Decoy pedals (the LT version) as we have a feeling they will blow away pedals in terms of weight and value. They are amazing.

Just a heads up though...the current Decoy Pedals weigh in at 430 grams for the pair (actual weight) which is already incredibly light and still retails at $75...

Regards,

Eric
deity

#12 ·
Well I for one like looks of the new pedals! always amazes me how people in the matrix always seem to be so critical when theyve never held or ridden a product!

Opinions should be free,but also fair! Matrix is a discussion house to me, bt good points discussed, anyway nuff of that everyone to there own!

I'm in the contest so hopefully one way or another I will get to rip on a set one day and make up my own informed opinion, Ive ridden Deity products bought my own at full retail and Ive never had a problem with anything, bars stems cranks, all held up to my abuse and one of my fav brands! Great value for great performance imo anyway ridden and abused opinion:thumbsup:

Now if only I can get Eric to answer the phone;) :D

cheers Eric, the new line looks great to me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.