Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Jiminy vs. Catamount (vs. Hunter)

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Hesh to Steel 
#1 ·
We're looking to ride at either Jiminy or Catamount this weekend (we were considering Hunter but it's closed for the season).

Experience-wise, my friend and I are comfortable on pretty much every single diamond run at diablo.

So for those of you have ridden jiminy and catamount, will we get bored coming from the intermediate/advanced diablo trails? Which of these mountains would you recommend? Is a DH bike overkill at these parks?

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

#6 ·
Catamount just started their mountain biking program this season so the trails are just starting to come together. This weekend they are having a bro style race and not many people are entered. If you want to have fun and win some prizes, there is a chance you might be the only one in your class. The more people that show up, the more likely we are to get the funding needed to build some sick trails next year. Funability wise they are pretty equal at this time; however, Jiminy is on its way out and Catamount is on its way in. It's not a Diablo or a Highland yet, but a little support now could go a long way in the future.

#7 ·
Jiminy/Catamount

Check out the NY Forum for more stuff on Catamount. I believe some of the guys posted pics in that thread.
I haven't been up to Jiminy in two years but I had a great time, and it was around this time of year so the foliage was awesome.
Jiminy was more, pure DH stuff, not as groomed as Diablo.
I think either way you'll have fun riding something different.

#9 ·
daisycutter said:
dude hit platty I have been to Jimmy not impressed;Hunter is a joke,catamount needs more development,whiteface is a big and has a bit of potential but is limited on the trails they can develop because it is NY state owned. Platty is just right

http://www.plattekill.com/
Thanks for the suggestion. We've actually ridden plattekill before so we wanted to try something new for a change. We're gonna try to hit platty before season's end, though.

We eventually decided to drive the extra hour and ride whiteface. Really looking forward to it.

Thanks again for all the info, people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.