Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Hudson Trail Outfitters lifetime tune ups?

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  nattybohfiend 
#1 ·
So im about to get an 08 Gary fisher piranha from 1 of 2 shops in the very near future. It's $50 more at HTO but comes with lifetime tune ups and some other cool stuff. I like the other shop more but feel like I'm gettin a great deal at HTO.

My question is basically who has bought from Hudson trail before, specifically in Towson and do they stand by their agreement? also how is their service dept?

Thanks

#3 ·
well i hope they put it together alright cuz i actually did just buy it. I test drove a couple bikes there and they felt alright, but i doubt id be able to tell if it wasn't perfect. So far I am satisfied with my purchase and the price, I guess ill have to wait a couple days to hit the trails and really see.

any other experiences there?

#4 ·
Its a bike. two triangles, two circles, & a chain. Learn to wrench yourself & be worry free. Really it is not that complicated & you will have the peace of mind that everything is working as should be. When you go to the shop for a tune-up ask them to show you what they do so you learn.

#5 ·
I bought a bike from Hudson Trail about a month ago. Towson is my local store and I have dealt with them quite a bit during test rides of everything I can get my hands on. I actually bought my bike from their DC store (Tenley Circle?) b/c they had my size in stock there and didn't want to wait a week for the transfer. My Rocky Mountain ETSX-10 was put together properly. I brought it back for a quick front der adjustment a couple of weeks later, and will probably take it in for a full tune-up soon. Most of their bike guys seem pretty good, but like at any store, there are certainly some staff that are more knowledgeable than others. They are all very friendly and down to earth. I tend to believe that they'll stand by their lifetime free tuneup policy, but time will tell. Also of note, their prices for services are very low if you didn't buy the bike there. If you're a member, prices are even better. Their service policy and my experiences with their staff played a factor in what bike I bought and where from.

#6 ·
Thanks rmccully that is reassuring. I do want to learn to work on my own bike but I can't just spend $800 and tinker with somethin I may not be able to put back together. (has happened before). While all the guys at HTO are young and maybe not the most knowledgeable, they are nice guys who should be able to help me out and seem willing to show me around my bike so I won't have to bring it in all the time.

now if this damn rain would just pass I'd be able to see what my new bike can really do. I'm goin nuts here with a new bike and not bein able to ride it.

#9 ·
I couldn't wait for responses and bought about an hour after I posted lol. I plan on goin for my first ride tomorrow even though the trails will still be wet. The guys were really friendly and helpful during the purchase. They threw in a helmet and computer with rebate as soon as I hit 150 miles so I walked outta there pretty happy.

#10 ·
i have purchased a few bikes from hto, and the do stand by their agreement. i got a k2 from them 9 years ago. until i sold it a year ago, they were still tuninng it for free. even after i turned it into a single speed, they still tuned it for free. anything beyond a basic tune up like rebuilding a hub, you pay for, but their rates are on par with most shops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.