Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Candlers Mountain, lynchburg va?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  noremedy 
#1 ·
i heard a rumor that you have to be part of some club to ride candlers mountain. is that true?

#3 ·
I've ridden there 3 times now, and that is the first I've ever heard of that requirement. I'm looking at the map I printed off of Liberty's website, and no where does it state that. I haven't brought up the actual website page of Liberty's, but I don't recall reading such a rule there either. 3rd-ly I've met the trail manager on the property twice now while riding, and through our conversation it was very apparent I wasn't a member of some local club. He made no comment regarding this, and just said enjoy the trails! So basically, I think that rumor you got wind of doesn't hold very true.

#5 ·
That rule is from a couple of years ago before Liberty publicly opened the trail system. Club members were given special permission to ride at that time. They are completely open to all riders for now. You better come and ride soon. They've already closed a couple of good trails because of the ski area they are building. That is the logging that you are hearing about. We have a group that rides at 5:30 on Tuesdays, and usually 5:30 on Thursdays. Feel free to join us. It is great riding and drains fast, we rode on Sunday and the trails were dry and perfect.

#7 ·
Yep, the top of the lake trail appears to be gone as well as the parallel fire road and they've closed "candler's climb" (The switchbacks). I'm puzzled as to how we are supposed to get back up after riding the perimeter trail without getting on the road. Sad Indeed but actually I'm not surprised. Next are the fees.

#9 ·
FINALLY got to ride candlers and it was very sweet. we didn't even look at a map we just rode and guessed which way to go. we ended up at the gazebo above the LC and shot down psycho-pathe which was a definite rush. we took several others with various names. anyone who hasn't been i highly suggest it. BTW those loggers can blow me...lol

#10 ·
Thought you guys might like to know that the trail manager is planning on building a pump track in the very near future. It's gonna be where Raptor Run connects with Cut'em off Pass. He also wants to build some bridges, rails, and teeter totters near Psycho Path. Me and my dad work at LU and ride the mountain with my brother a couple times a week. KEEP RIDING! The more people that use the trails the more funds Liberty will put into them. The manager is an awesome dude, I talk to him everyday at work and he's dieing to build more stuff!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.