Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Saxman's First Trail Work Day

428 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  SaxMan 
#1 ·
Please join me on Sunday 9/28 at 9 AM to help assemble boardwalk sections over the Lower Magruder's two most notorious mudholes (south of Watkins Road). If there is time, we may try to fix some of the other milder mudholes.

This is my first trail work day, so I'm definitely a bit nervous about it. However, it is exciting that this is the last of my New Years' Resolutions to be fulfilled. While I am the Little Bennett Trail Liaison, it was agreed by all parties involved that doing trail work at Little Bennett at this point is like putting lipstick on a pig, and that we would get more "bang for the buck" fixing Lower Magruder. We're going to wait for the Little Bennett re-route to do some serious trailwork over at Little Ben.

We'll be meeting at the Watkins Road trailhead, so you have to park on the shoulder. It's a hike of about 0.3 miles to the mudholes. Hopefully, the M-NCPPC will have done their part and dropped the materials for us. If not, we'll just have to fix the mudholes the old-fashioned way.

Please PM me or e-mail me at OnyxSax@aol.com for directions

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.