Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Accident near Deep Creek

859 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  cdouble 
#1 ·
I will be in the area this coming weekend and have my eye on the trails near Accident, north east of Deep Creek Lake. Are these trails suitable for riding single speed hard tail? It will be a morning ride and I will probably be mildly hung over, looking to burn off the fog (but not bury myself).

Thanks

#3 ·
The trails are great, Josh at High Mountain Sports drew me a map and gave me loads of great tips on the best trails, direction to ride, etc. Those guys have done a great job on those trails, built some nice log piles and great single track. Next time though I will bring my geared bike - there are some climbs that were a handful on a 32x18 SS (i.e., I did some pushing). Let me know if you need directions...

#4 ·
Cdouble, Did you ride at Savage River State Park? I rode an area around a Natural Gas Storage facility that was considered part of SRSP right outside of Accident. Rode right after it rained 4.5" the night before, talk about a mess. The trails literally turned into streams and it was difficult to differentiate between the actual stream and the trail in certain sections. It was the same weekend of the MD State Downhill Championships

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.