Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Tour De Lillt, Davis, WV??

920 views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Capt_phun 
#1 ·
Anyone have info & have riddenn this "fun" ride? good times? I have a real burn to visit Davis before it gets to late & the tour de lilly is coming up soon.

What trails does it hit up? Big group of people? ride or race (dumb question - it always turns into a race).

Anyone thinking about going?

#2 ·
Capt_phun said:
Anyone have info & have riddenn this "fun" ride? good times? I have a real burn to visit Davis before it gets to late & the tour de lilly is coming up soon.

What trails does it hit up? Big group of people? ride or race (dumb question - it always turns into a race).

Anyone thinking about going?
ill be there if im still alive after the race this coming weekend :) its a big ride led by roger... non-competitive, but not a leisure ride either. he talked about it going into dolly sods this year, but has been re-thinking it based on logistics of having lunch delivered and stuff i think. he mentioned having lunch brought on trail somewhere and then afterwards a bbq behind the shop.

come ride this weekend at the revenge of the rattlesnake race man! epic course lined up!

#5 ·
Roger said he hopes for the ride to LEAVE the shop by 10 a.m. As far as route, no 411.
Capt, get in early enough on Thursday for the ride at 5. We leave the shop around 5 ish. Usually an A and B group. Alot of people go to Hellbenders afterwards, so bring headlamp for your ride back to camp.

#6 ·
Cool thanks for the thursday ride reminder. Unfortunately I have to work thursday so not sure what time I will hit the road & then it is still a 4 hour drive from home to Davis so I may just be waiting at Hellbenders drinking beers. Friday I hope to hit Plantation but if you find out the route in advance I may take whatever trails we don't ride to avoid repeating the same trails. Sunday morning I'll probably ride around CVI trails cause moonrocks is always a fun time.

#11 ·
Ours go to 11...

I think the tour was right around 20 slow, technical, beat the tar out of you Davis miles. The best riding on the planet. Roger and the BWB crew always provide a killer route and good eats. The Tour-de-Lilly definitly cranked to 11 this year.

#15 ·
The only pictures I got was friday when I rode the CVI moonrocks trails. The leaves are getting very close.

The weather at night was extremely cold by the River. Luckily I brought an extra down blanket to go over my winter sleeping bag. I also got my dog to sleep next to me, I pulled the blankets over both our heads & we slept till about 8:00a.m. both days.

The riding was terrific, and thanks goes to Oldnoob & a special appearance Sunday morning by Outdoornut & Malibu Snotty for stopping by to keep me company.

I'd love to get there for one last ride before the snow comes, but I think that would involve renting a cabin & drinking even more beer!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.