Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Twiixedgear and Beltman?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  robcycle 
#1 ·
I got an email from Florian here the other day saying he hoped to see me in Vegas along with some info on his newest wares. These two particularly caught my eye and for sure I will be looking him up at the show! Booth 6608 he said. I have been using his system since 2001 with nary a whimper. Too bad they are so spendy.......And sorry for the 2 gear thing here on the SS sight......

Speed-drive 09: new features: full aluminium housing which takes chainrings of 27, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36
or 38T, equivalent in top gear to 45, 46, 50, 53, 56, 59 or 63T. Rings exchangeable without special tools and can be combined with matching trouser protection rings. New clutch mechanism is symmetrical and is suitable for fixies, too!.
Product Metal Circle Steel Machine

Speed-drive for belt drive: for Gates Poly Chain Carbon belts, pitch 8mm, width 10mm. Other tooth profiles available for batches of 50 or more. Belt cog is attached same was as cheainrings and fits on the standard housing! Designed to combine with Alfine hubs, which have a chainline of around 44 mm (to middle of the belt).
Gear Grey Machine Steel Clutch part

Carry on.

See less See more
#2 ·
Very interesting!

Those are very interesting indead! I like the Schlumpf system better than the Hammerschmidt from what I have seen (although I have not used either). Looks like a great option for a singlespeeder who wants to ride to the trails, or to make a nice 2x9 drivetrain. Keep us posted!

Mark

Edit: Damn spelling errors!

#4 ·
dashSC said:
Last time I checked, just about everything on the Schlumpf site was broken. There were links pointed to 404s, missing/broken images, and none of the listed email addresses [like 'support', 'sales', etc] worked at all. Everything good ?
Better than ever if seems. Will know more after Vegas but I know he showed at Eurobike also. I checked on the pricing on the hammerschmidt and it is more than one of Florians I believe. There is also a copy cat of Florians design that was shown at Eurobike.

Funny how there is all the hub bub about this type of drive system and I suppose it is mostly due to the SRAM unit. However Florian is all over it with this:

Triebwerk: "A high performance transmission specially for Freeride and downhill. 22 mm axle with high strength cranks, designed to hard off-road use. Ratios 1:1 and 1:1.65. Shifting without extra shifter or cable by a kick of the heel, on the go or when stopped. Lightweight removable chainrings in hardened steel, 23, 24 or 25T, equivalent to 38, 40 or 41T in high ratio. Massive bash ring. Fits without special tools in FR and DH bikes with ISCG 03 and 05. Shift button built into axle made of hardened steel. Needle roller bearings on the axle."
Product Line Metal Machine Steel

Guitar accessory Metal Musical instrument accessory Steel Silver

And oh yeah, of special significance to the SS tribe:

Eccentric mounting: all drives will shortly be available pre-installed with eccentric BBs, for eccentric BB shells with internal diameter of 51 to 56 mm. So there's practically no work involved in installation. When ordering, just specifiy the eccentric shell internal diameter and width.

Product Bicycle accessory Black Metal Steel

If these things were cheaper and lighter they would be on everyones bikes, well maybe, and if if's were fishes we'd all have a fry! Let's just say when I got mine back when they were much more affordable than they are now. Thanks to our dollar being in the tank more than him gouging for sure.

#5 ·
Thanks for that info.

I like the idea of the fixed, but I reckon it's going to be interesting trying to operate the button while pedalling:)

Integrated into an EBB is a great move.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.