Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New to Maryland

616 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Tigerwoody76 
#1 ·
I just moved to Randallstown, MD last year for work and getting back into mountain biking and dont know much about the area. what are good trails in the carroll county/randallstown area. i am getting older and not into the wreckless stuff i use to be. now i like flat level hard packed single tracks with not alot of climb and areas that are scenic and relaxing. any other casual riders in this area?

#2 ·
Best bet for what you describe: McKeldon section of Patapsco State Park. Main entrance is off of Marriottesville Rd. about 7 miles from Randlestown. You can buy a high quality map of the park online at the MD DNR site.

There is also fire road riding around Liberty Reservoir that is close to you as well.

#3 ·
You are not going to find anything that is completely flat in the immediate area. You won't find too many lung buster climbs either.

McKeldin, in Marriotsville, is pretty small (unless you cross the river), has a couple of climbs and is not technical.

Liberty Reservoir is pretty much all fire roads and is not technical at all. It is not flat though. It is pretty much just a long series of rolling hills. Right now its hunting season so if you go, try to look human :)

Hashawa in Westminster is close but you might find some of the climbs challenging.

Loch Raven at Seminary Road starts off pretty flat and not very technical. That is a little longer drive though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.