Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Bachelor weekend in Slatyfork (9/12- 9/14)

543 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  stealth1 
#1 ·
Hi, Guys. I will be in Slatyfork this weekend, 9/12-9/14, with 6 friends for my bachelor bike party and was hoping to get an update on trail conditions and/ or suggestions.

I have read through a few posts and I think we want to ride Prop's Run and Tea Creek Mt. Trail among others but have never been there so any help would be appeciated. I bought a copy of the map from ERTC that I am using as a reference.

If any locals are intersted in getting together and willing to show us around a little we would gladly share some beers and fun.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Ahhhh...that's the ticket :>)

stealth1 said:
If any locals are intersted in getting together and willing to show us around a little we would gladly share some beers and fun.

Thanks.
There is only two people I can think of really qualified for this job and the beer offer will defiantely get one of there's attention. Let's see, who could I be talking about? Somebody that lives in Marlinton? Someone that Michael Keaton in "Mr. Mom" was his childhood idol. Someone who rides like the wind (ok maybe arse gas). I'm sure he will join you if he can get his man card for the weekend.

Stay off Kennison Mtn. trail. Recent recon shows tress from June are still all over the place. Although it was a great opportunity to practice hike-a-bike over trees, hike-a-bike under trees, pass bike over trees and crawl under, and practice mushroom identification skills.

FYI, all trails at the Shoe are closed this weekend for the GNCC Race.

Have fun.

#3 ·
I'll be in VA this Saturday and Sunday. I'll check with the boss and see about Friday. Did you say "bachelor party"? No...wait...that was "bachelor bike party". So, um, no strippers, probably, huh? ;)

Tea Creek Mt Trail is the best descent in the area. Hook it up with Red Run for a complete buffet of rock. Prop's is a sweet downhill, but I wouldn't pass up a chance to ride Bear Pen Ridge and Boundary Trail to ride Prop's.

Absolutely avoid at all costs: North Face. Tea Creek Trail (from Bear Pen Ridge to Tea Creek Campground). Turkey Point. Frosty Gap and Kennison Mt (not on the map).

BTW, where are you staying?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.