Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Iron Mountain Bike Race

670 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  casey441 
#1 ·
The path the 3rd annual Iron Mountain Bike Course will take is just one way: FAST. Starting with a 3 mile uphill road ride to a 1 mile single track grunt true athletes will shine. The next five miles is the quintessential cross country semi-technical ride on the Iron Mountain Trail. The final five miles drops over 1200 vertical feet, giving the downhill enthusiast a chance to catch up. This course has over 2,000 feet of elevation gain and over 3,000 feet of elevation loss. The three distinct sections of this course will combine to make it one of the most exciting races around! Starting line shuttle will be provided as part of the entrance fee.

Race Day: Sept 13, 2008 at 1:00PM

Where: Damascus, Va

Why: 'Coz it's fun, it's riding and there's BBQ at the end.

How: http://www.theironmountainbikerace.com/

#2 ·
Any camping set up nearby? I know there are a lot of Forest campgrounds & Grayson Highlands S.P. but is there a group were most (if any) of the riders will be camping so we can "carbo-load" the night before? I might try to make it down to the race. the uphill grind isn't my strength but the single-track & downhill will be fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.