Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Attaching light to full face helmet

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  MattP. 
#1 ·
I'm doing the 12 hour Downhill race at Angelfire and I need to figure out a way to attach my HID light to my full face helmet (Rockgarden Blacklight). With an XC helmet the straps on the light mount connect through the vent holes in the helmet, my full face doesn't have vent holes so I'm not sure what the best way to do this is. Anyone dealt with this before?

#2 ·
We used velcro for our helmet cameras. It's not normal velcro, its really strong. I'm not sure what it's called but I'm sure you could find it, or someone will know what it's called.

Actually I just looked for it and found it...

Its called "Dual Locking Velcro" and it's made by 3M... I'm not sure if that is something you would want to do (since you have to stick one side of the velcro to your helmet) but it should hold your light no problem.

#9 ·
MattP. said:
I just drilled 2 holes at the top of my helmet, and 2 corresponding hole son the light mount. Drop in a couple bolts, and nuts, and I'm set!
you also compromised the integrity of your helmet by drilling into it and when you crash your helmet is gonna blow up and your skull will shatter into a million pieces and brain matter will be scattered all over the trail, I've seen this happen way more than I'd like to remember

#11 ·
CanadianPreston said:
you also compromised the integrity of your helmet by drilling into it and when you crash your helmet is gonna blow up and your skull will shatter into a million pieces and brain matter will be scattered all over the trail, I've seen this happen way more than I'd like to remember
Saweet! I'm gonna recommend this technique to a "friend"........I need some new stories to tell.

#12 ·
CanadianPreston said:
Damn, oh welll. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.