Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Lisfranc-poppin' SPAM with bonus hot pink content!

4K views 32 replies 23 participants last post by  iheartbicycles 
#1 ·
Two posts in one!

While riding the 'shore with the DFT crew, I jumped 6' off a ladder bridge on salvation and injured my foot. At the time I though it was maybe a bad sprain, I was able to coast out and wasn't in too much pain... Well it turns out I have a "lisfranc fracture"- one joint and 4 metatarsals. So I'm in a hardcast through november... Hey it could have been worse, no surgery was required! And I'm getting plenty of QT in with the family while I'm laid up.

So with some hesitation, I've put an ad up for the highline. The bike is incredible- but with this season over for me, it's looking like 8 months before I might ride it again (the RFX is my #1 rig for fall/winter/spring). Even then it won't see a lot of use next year as I'm eager to get back to my roots- techy steep all mountain stuff, mostly sans shuttles and lifts.

If a sale doesn't work out, I won't be heartbroken :)
But if it does, the funds will certainly help fund something else cool & bike related ;)

Link to the ad

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Damn FM! The trailguide isn't supposed to be the one who receives plaster. That should be reserved for the guests! Heal up soon, hurting the feet really sux but be glad you only broke one of 'em ....

S

#7 ·
waddaya mean ya cant drive? left foot braking is fun! all the cool kids are doin it. when i busted my ankle i had a full size chevy pickup and it was easy to throw my leg over the trans hump. some seat time in race cars primed me for use of my less dominant foot.

drag about the injury man. chin up and all that crap.

#9 · (Edited)
cactuscorn said:
when i busted my ankle i had a full size chevy pickup and it was easy to throw my leg over the trans hump. some seat time in race cars primed me for use of my less dominant foot..
Hey CC, sorry but doing donuts in a cornfield doesn't count. :D

I live & work in the city and rock a long van, it's a handfull!
I did drive a little bit yesterday though... it can be done in a pinch. But stop & go traffic during a commute would really suck.

Thanks for all the healing vibes though.... btw, here is the teeter I fell off of... really stupid, it's plenty wide and I've cleared this many times, just lost my focus for a second and jumped off, landed clean too. There is a kink where the ladder transitions to the beginning of the teeter, this is where I jumped off to my left.

#12 ·
true enough. traffic out here is pretty tame and my commute to work was mostly neighborhood streets... in the dead of winter. think of everything burried in the biggest snow storm on record, or so im told. 8' over 2 storms in 1 week. i think id have prefered the traffic.

just for that jab, i hope yer recovery is long and painful.

#24 ·
Serious question, how long is the riding season in Vancouver? The company I work for has a position available in Vancouver that I'm qualified and I'm seriously thinking about interviewing for the position.

Bummer about your foot, heal up quick!

#26 ·
Dude....major suxxorz. Eat well and get rest. Heal up!

Maybe it's time for me to repay the favor? I'm here to convince you to not sell that bad boy.

Even if it sits for months, it'll still be a year-old bike....and with that PIMP 888 too!

My 2cents: KEEP IT. You know one bike won''t cover all you wants in a ride....so what if it sits in the garage? You can pull it off the shelf when necessary.

UNLESS....you have some other devious master plan for a new big bike. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.