Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Saturday's Solo Ride at Carvins Cove

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  LaLD 
#1 ·
Saturday morning I was thinking of getting a short ride in and then go and do some chores. Decided on a ride out at Carvins Cove. Funny, my short ride took most of the afternoon and chores got successfully put off for one more day.

Started out doing the hard part of the ride first. Up Hi-Dee-Hoe to the top of Brushy Mountain, around a 1000 foot climb.

VAST folks are putting an awesome new trailhead in for the Gauntlet Trail where bulldozer damage occurred during last years forest fire.

Across the top of Brushy Mountain to the Hemlock Tunnel. Deer where guarding the Hemlock Tunnel Trailhead. Down through the steep scree . I like the not quite as steep section at the bottom where the trail weaves in and out of the trees over rocks and roots.

Then on to Comet for another great downhill ride. More steep stuff with roots.

After that I rode through the new section of Enchanted Forest by the lake and then on out to Schoolhouse Trail.

Getting hungry by then, so I stopped on Arrowhead Trail by the Creek.

After Arrowhead I rode that sweet flowy Songbird Trail. Its hard not to like most everything about this trail.

Getting tired then, so I headed back out to Four Gorges Trail and then home. Chores were waiting for me Sunday, but that's OK.

See less See more
#3 ·
I've heard so much about the Cove over the years but never made it over there. I gotta get over there someday. That stuff looks super fun. Thanks for sharing the pics, CCR!

(BTW, I saw one of those "I have rollers" coolers at a Wal Mart the other day and damn near peed myself.)

#10 ·
MTBigSky said:
It looks like some smooth fast riding. I like the looks of that.
I think about half the trails there would fit that description. The other half are "old school" type trails that would not be built today -steep, rocky, rooty, hold onto your handlebar tight type of stuff like you see out in the national forest. Its all good.:D

#11 ·
CraigCreekRider said:
I think about half the trails there would fit that description. The other half are "old school" type trails that would not be built today -steep, rocky, rooty, hold onto your handlebar tight type of stuff like you see out in the national forest. Its all good.:D
Yeah, I like the variety there.

#14 ·
CraigCreekRider said:
I'll have to check the place out sometime. I've read about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.