Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Davis, WV----August 30th

990 views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  outdoornut 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey there. If you are in the area this saturday met at Blackwater Bikes 10:30 in downtown Davis, WV Saturday for a ride. Will probably go out to Moonrocks, HooDoo Rocks, CVI, and some other areas for 15+ good recreational miles. I have to work Sunday but might ake it back on Monday for a holiday ride. Weather is looking good for weekend so join in.

#3 ·
September event

Here is a September event . . .

The time is near for the inaugural Timberline "Double Down " DH Race.

"Double Down" DH Bike Race will be held on Sunday, Sept. 28 2008. This WVMBA sanctioned DH race is a 2 run event that consists of 1 run on 2 different courses with 1000' vertical drop each- with an approximate six minute elapsed time per run. Cumulative time for both runs determines the time calculated for placing in respective class. Cash pay back to all classes! An overall "fastest run" on each course will also be awarded.

Registration is on Saturday 9 -12 and Sunday 8-10:30 am at the Timberline bike shop. There is a Saturday timed practice from 1 to 3, riders must be registered for Sunday's event to participate. A Saturday and Sunday all day lift pass is included with registration on Saturday for Sunday's event. Come for two days and take advantage.

The "Double Down" start time is 12pm Sunday with a mandatory riders meeting at 11:30 at the top of the lift.

Entry fee is $45 and includes event weekend a ll day lift access and a WVMBA one day event lice nse. Please call or email JR Nolan for more information. 800-766-9464 ext.129 or jrnolan@comcast.net

Timberline's "Double Down" is a sure bet, $45 gets you . . .
Cash pay back- all classes
Two all day passes
Timed practice on Saturday
Two runs- two courses (SL gates included)
1000 vert
Fast flowing courses with natural features and hand built
Race Department with twenty plus years experience
MTB race venue since 1994

#4 ·
Sept 30th???

davis said:
My calendar says Sept. 30 is a Tuesday. Did you mean August 30 (this coming Saturday) perhaps? I may be getting old, but at least I know what month it is. :rolleyes:
We'll my calendar says September 30th is a Tuesday as well but this thread deals with August 30th, this coming Saturday. Guess your eyes are playing tricks on you. Think you can get your man card back for some riding on Saturday?

#8 ·
I let a few people at BWB know tonight on the Ride at 5 about Saturday meet up for ride at 12:30. Hope to see peeps there. Probably 14-18 miles no drop easy pace fun ride. Weather is still looking like a chamber of commerce day. Hey all you D.C.'ers come out for some good riding!!!!!

#10 ·
whit022000 said:
Hey all you D.C.'ers come out for some good riding!!!!!
I second that. Any stressed out, BMW-driving, road-raging urban types should head to TUCKER COUNTY for their getaway. Snowshoe is sooo overrated and there really isn't anything to see in Pocahontas County. Again, TUCKER COUNTY is where you need to be!

This PSA brought to you by PCAT (Pocahontas Citizens Against Tourism).

#11 ·
davis said:
I second that. Any stressed out, BMW-driving, road-raging urban types should head to TUCKER COUNTY for their getaway. Snowshoe is sooo overrated and there really isn't anything to see in Pocahontas County. Again, TUCKER COUNTY is where you need to be!

This PSA brought to you by PCAT (Pocahontas Citizens Against Tourism).
I thought the same thing! Last thing we need here is a bunch of city people infecting WV or VA. First they see how beautiful it is, how great the trails are. The next thing you know a bunch of a-holes start to move down this way from New Jersey or Pittsburgh, and then it all goes to hell. People start "a-nun-ciating" words correctly, they don't drive pick-ups, and they infect your daughters with the devils seed.

Stay in the North you bunch of yankees!!:thumbsup:

#17 ·
how bout we ride on Sept 27th. We can start from timberline in canaan, ride up salamander, then into dolly sods for a gnarly loop, then back down a tline dh trail, then over to the state park, head up allegheny trail to plantation at which point I will keel over an die and have to ride the road back :)

#18 ·
hhmmm...

oldnoob said:
how bout we ride on Sept 27th. We can start from timberline in canaan, ride up salamander, then into dolly sods for a gnarly loop, then back down a tline dh trail, then over to the state park, head up allegheny trail to plantation at which point I will keel over an die and have to ride the road back :)
You messing with me? LOL! You know that is pretty much the race course for the Revenge of the Rattlesnake which is that day! .... I covering registration and then I doing the ride myself.. Tried of you guys having all the fun..

JR Petsko

#19 ·
WVMBA said:
You messing with me? LOL! You know that is pretty much the race course for the Revenge of the Rattlesnake which is that day! .... I covering registration and then I doing the ride myself.. Tried of you guys having all the fun..

JR Petsko
Yep, oldnoob is just yankin' your chain. Good seeing you yesterday, hopefully you'll get to ride with this group one of these days. I'll get with Matt, I might be able to make it up there and lend some assistance for the race. Especially if it gets me on the bike. :thumbsup:

ODN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.