Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Here's your chance to brag.....

681 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  baltistyle 
#1 ·
I'm kind of curious how much slower I am than most riders in my area, so I thought I'd start a thread so people could post some of their average times on local trails. I'd like to get an idea of where I might be in relation to some more experienced riders. Not sure if I'd ever ride competetively, but I'd like see how far behind other riders I am. I've been trying to keep a log of my rides, here's a few of my average ride times, including breaks:
Cookie: Dog Graveyard up to Cookie, down Tillman trail. Approx 4 miles, usually just under an hour.
Mud pond: 4.2 miles, usually just under an hour
Narrowback/Festival: Dog graveyard, up to Festival, then down to fire road, climb back up to ridge then down to house foundation. 9.5 miles, just over 2 hours.
Lookout Mountain: Loop starting with North River Gorge from parking area. 13.2 miles, about 3 hours.
Trimble Mtn: It was really hot and humid so we were dragging this day, and took a lot of breaks. About 4 miles, 1 hour 25 minutes (yeah, thats pretty bad).
Reddish Knob: Parked at bottom of Tillman trail, up the road, then down Hearthstone. Just over 21 miles and a little over 4 hours.
Apparently I average about 4-5 mph on climbs and rock, rolling parts.
So here's your chance to crush my spirit. Lets see what you've got.

See less See more
#4 ·
this wont hurt a bit

havent done the rides you speak of, but around my area, technical singletrack is 10.5-12, and hilly technical is 8.5-8.9 or so. Fairhill Classic race was 11.9.

SUAH
"stand up and hammer"

Have fun and dont worry about your speed. Work on your technical ability and the speed will come. You will almost always be faster overall then somebody with less technical ability. Most will say that races are won on the uphills so work on those too.

G

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.