Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Davis-Canaan Valley-Blackwater-N Dolly Sods, Sept 11-14th

882 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  supercub 
#1 ·
Hey fellas...Me and a buddy are going to be in the area Sept 11th-14th camping somewhere on Camp70 Road. Hope someone will want to take me and my buddy up to N Dolly Sods...That's if you want to put up with a couple lame riders...and come hang out with us, show us around or we can show you around...Will probably be riding everyday...

#7 ·
That's me!

And . . .

The time is near for the inaugural Timberline "Double Down " DH Race.

"Double Down" DH Bike Race will be held on Sunday, Sept. 28 2008. This WVMBA sanctioned DH race is a 2 run event that consists of 1 run on 2 different courses with 1000' vertical drop each- with an approximate six minute elapsed time per run. Cumulative time for both runs determines the time calculated for placing in respective class. Cash pay back to all classes! An overall "fastest run" on each course will also be awarded.

Registration is on Saturday 9 -12 and Sunday 8-10:30 am at the Timberline bike shop. There is a Saturday timed practice from 1 to 3, riders must be registered for Sunday's event to participate. A Saturday and Sunday all day lift pass is included with registration on Saturday for Sunday's event. Come for two days and take advantage.

The "Double Down" start time is 12pm Sunday with a mandatory riders meeting at 11:30 at the top of the lift.

Entry fee is $45 and includes event weekend a ll day lift access and a WVMBA one day event lice nse. Please call or email JR Nolan for more information. 800-766-9464 ext.129 or jrnolan@comcast.net

Timberline's "Double Down" is a sure bet, $45 gets you . . .
Cash pay back- all classes
Two all day passes
Timed practice on Saturday
Two runs- two courses (SL gates included)
1000 vert
Fast flowing courses with natural features and hand built
Race Department with twenty plus years experience
MTB race venue since 1994

#9 ·
Go to the Timberline ski area and find JR in the bike shop, He will hook you up with any beta you need.

Also in Davis go to the highland prospects gear store and get some maps of the Dolly sods, if ben is there you may be able to talk him into abandoning all responsibilities and go for a ride.

I don't know the Blackwater cycles guys very well but they can also provide you with good advice.

I'll be there Saturday evening and Sunday riding lift serve DH.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.