• October 3-5 Slatyfork, WV

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • October 17-19 Davis, WV

• October 17-19 Slatyfork, WV

• October 24-26 Davis, WV

• I'll go anywhere as long as Chili doesn't show up ;)

October Riding Mini-Gatherings

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  chili 
#1 ·
I know we can never satisfy everyone but what say ye about the following option of some riding & beers before the snow comes?

#2 ·
I have a completely free month of October at this point. How wet will it be then? Hopefully alot so I can really wine and complain about my tires and roots LOL.
How about we do a Davis one weekend and a Slaty another and a Douthat on another. Wan't there be a bike gathering at Douthat in Sept for Virginia IMBA?

#5 ·
whit022000 said:
Oct 4th Tour de Lilly Fun Ride in Davis (Blackwater Bikes)
Oct 12th Fall Colors Fun Ride in Marlinton (Dirt Bean Hale')
I'm assuming those are mtn bike rides??

Looks like we could get in on those. Oct 4 Davis, Oct 12 Slatyfork? Have you done those rides before??? You have website links?

#6 ·
Nope, they are water polo tournaments. They are listed on the WVMBA site. Tour de Lilly is an annual gathering in Davis, haven't done it but supposed to be fun. Somebody else chime in here.

Marlinton ride, not sure if this is annual or first year. Will get some feedback from the coffee queen or perhaps smorky chops can add 411 here.

#10 ·
davis said:
My recollection is that the TdL in Davis, in the past, has been a pain-fest.
yeah, matt at the bike shop described it to me that same way and even mentioned lunch being brought to the group at a pitstop somewhere and a cookout afterwards back at the shop.
tho i haven't done one myself yet, i can only imagine what kinda route roger would map out. :thumbsup: sounds like a blast.. im in fer sher'

#11 ·
Okay, is somebody going to decide when on this. Only big conflict or factor I see is TOur de Lilly the first Saturday of the month. It occurred to me on Monday on a group ride in Davis have seen Captn trolling on here but no posts of sweet rides he's been doing, forget how to ride? or Just forget to share with others?

ODN, where you been the past week?

#12 ·
I think TicTac is coming back to Slatyfork around Oct. 23-27. I'm sure some others are going to be here at least that weekend. It promises to be another Wicked Awesome time. :)

#13 ·
I have some dates selected & i will post them tomorrow when i have my calendar in front of me. Oct 23-27 weekend is confirmed, mainly cause rt* is going to be there, hubba hubba, girl on a mtn bike!

I want to get one more Davis area ride in. It occurred to me i do not have plantation on my GPS & I need to add that.

I haven't posted any reports cause I haven't been riding much. I've been training but not much riding. & By training I mean the liver with beer. Ok I have done some intervals on the road bike too.

Stay tuned, tomorrow lets figure all the dates out that are definite.

#15 ·
Kennison Mtn. still not clear

Just a heads up. Malibu and I were in Pocahontas County over the Memorial Day weekend and checked Frosty Gap and just a little out Kennison from there and the
trees that were there in June are still there. No one has touched a thing. So I
wouldn't recommend planning a ride out Kennison Mtn. unless it gets cleared this
month.

ODN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.