Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Where to find/buy

796 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  repoman 
#1 ·
So this may be a long shot, but I figured someone who reads this forum might be in the know.

I just moved down to the Vienna, VA area from NH and Im looking to get into mountain biking. After some research I have come to the conclusion that the Fisher X-Caliber is just about the perfect bike for me size-wise, component-wise, and price-wise.

Problem is... they're all gone and the bike wont be available again until October when the '09 models come in and at a price that is beyond my price range. What's a guy to do for 2.5 months? Does anyone know of a store in the region that might have one of these in stock? Does anyone have any opinions of a comparable bike in the same price range?

I know this isn't a "Virginia" issue, but I thought I would try just the same.

#5 ·
Second the Bike Lane

There is a shop in Burke and Reston. If they dont have something in stock they can get it pretty quickly. If you call the Burke shop ask for Todd (the owner - very cool guy). The shop is very active in the local scene and the best shop in the area.

#6 ·
Yeah. I've tried the Bike Lane. Ive talked to Adam at the Reston shop twice now.
The word is that the bike is sold out from both their stock and the Manufacturer's stock and that I have to wait for the '09 models which are much more money.

I called Revolution last night and asked them and they had one in stock, but it was too small. I need a 21" It turns out that someone over on the Gary Fisher forum just bought one from them on Thursday. Sounds like it was the last one. The only other one they had was already sold.

Now The Bike Lane says that the new models wont be available until October, but Revolution said "Call back on Monday. It could be any day now." While it sucks that Im going to have to pay more then I was prepared to, I'm really convinced that this is the bike for me and I am desperate to get out and ride. My Razesa Track bike is beating me up on the W&OD trail until then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.