Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Death March at the Frederick Watershed

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Dr Phil mmkay 
#1 ·
So went through the watershed for the first time yesterday. Loved it, destroyed me but I loved it. I don't anticipate me going back without someone who knows where they are going becasue I will be lost for all eternity back there.

Anyways to get to what I'm really looking for, since I can't find a map of any kind of the place I was wondering If anyone knew what the roads were that are at the beginning and the end of Deathmarch because that thing was awesome and would be awesome to just session that a coupe time and shuttle up and down it. I

f this concept offends someone sorry but it's just sound like a fun idea to me and I was looking the 8 miles or so of riding that we did befre we got to the death march so i could do it more than once.

#2 ·
Mountaindale Rd. is where the Death March begins. If you stay straight it turns into the Blue trail and will exit on Gambrill Park Rd. near the Thurmont overlook. Better bet is to climb Death March and then hang a right on singletrack at the top (goes by various names, but the most common is Super Sweet). That will dump you on Gambrill Park Rd. south of the overlook. If you just want to loop back to the start of Death March take the dirt road to the fork, hang a U-turn and climb back on Mountaindale to the start of Death March.

#4 ·
Well I'm a local but new to the trails, so I guess I'm not one of the cool kids who can know where stuff is I have to earn my way. That seems like it might take a little time that place sems confusing as all hell to me when I was back there.

Btdubbs that maps is Jawesome.

G
#5 ·
The Shed, as far as DH/FR goes is kept low key for a reason. If you ride with a group already familiar with the Shed, they would have no problems directing you there (and showing you around). But since this is a public internet forum, posting up directions and maps is a bit unwise.

There's plenty of information on Fredneck's Gambril park though, and that's pretty much right next door to the Shed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.