Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

My new ride...

4K views 69 replies 19 participants last post by  Casual Observer 
#1 ·
Okay, I admit I was a bit intrigued by last week's fixie article in last week's New Times (but the article more put me over the edge, as I had wanted a fixie for a while), but I'm going to put a deposit down on this tomorrow:

Attachments

See less See more
#15 ·
u2metoo said:
That's a Felt, right (not to be confused with 'feel right')?

I think I spied that bike at Javelina Cycle's a while back.
Correct. I'm going to help Rick put some bikes together tomorrow--yikes, I might have scared away all potential buys....oh, who am I kidding, anybody who reads MTBR shops at the "hip" shops like Cactus or Slippery Pig or whatever--and asked him to price out that, as well as an SE Daught, which is steel. Not sure if he still has the one you saw there, but I rode it last time I was there, and it was too small for me.

#20 ·
skinny-tire said:
Just checking. I just need to know if I should be mad at you for insulting me. I guess I am. I think this is where I challenge you to an alleyway race....but I might change my mind on the fixie and put a deposit down on a Vespa instead.
no, get the fixed gear. it will renew your interest in cycling. unlike the big travel bike did.

#21 ·
yetisurly said:
no, get the fixed gear. it will renew your interest in cycling. unlike the big travel bike did.
Ah, now we're getting to the crux of your comments. I WILL NOT apologize for getting a big travel bike (ok, ok, I did feel like a hypocrite at first for getting it, but it's damn fun to ride). What I found really odd after getting that bike though is the amount of Mt Dews I've drank.

You will be glad to know, however, that I'm taking the 29er out this afternoon....and I'm sure my body is going to regret it tomorrow.

#23 ·
skinny-tire said:
Correct. I'm going to help Rick put some bikes together tomorrow--yikes, I might have scared away all potential buys....oh, who am I kidding, anybody who reads MTBR shops at the "hip" shops like Cactus or Slippery Pig or whatever--and asked him to price out that, as well as an SE Daught, which is steel. Not sure if he still has the one you saw there, but I rode it last time I was there, and it was too small for me.
Fixies are fun. I was going to give all that trail commuting a break and ride my fixie to work today but I woke up with an incredible pain in my lower back. Maybe next week the fixie will get a workout... While I have no problems dropping off curbs, stepping up over curbs still freaks me out a bit. And I've still never stopped with a full skid. We need to organize a fixie skills class and I think beer should be in involved.

#26 ·
DurtGurl said:
Fixies are fun. I was going to give all that trail commuting a break and ride my fixie to work today but I woke up with an incredible pain in my lower back. Maybe next week the fixie will get a workout... While I have no problems dropping off curbs, stepping up over curbs still freaks me out a bit. And I've still never stopped with a full skid. We need to organize a fixie skills class and I think beer should be in involved.
just ride your fixe off road on the singletrack on your way home next time. self tought skillz. easier to learn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.