Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Schaffer's Farm conditions

568 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  MightySchmoePong 
#1 ·
I've been out of the area the last few days and have not been watching the weather. I was looking to ride Schaffer's today if its not too wet. Can anyone give me an idea on what the conditions are?

#2 ·
mountainwop77 said:
I've been out of the area the last few days and have not been watching the weather. I was looking to ride Schaffer's today if its not too wet. Can anyone give me an idea on what the conditions are?
I rode Schaeffer on Sunday afternoon, for 70 miles. Man, that got boring. Anyway, it rained Sunday mid-afternoon, but the trail was dried up in most spots by evening time. Not sure how the weather has been since Sunday, but the trail seems to be well suited for soaking up short, heavy downpours.

#3 ·
Team Green Steve said:
I rode Schaeffer on Sunday afternoon, for 70 miles. Man, that got boring. Anyway, it rained Sunday mid-afternoon, but the trail was dried up in most spots by evening time. Not sure how the weather has been since Sunday, but the trail seems to be well suited for soaking up short, heavy downpours.
Good god man, 70 miles @ Schaeffer? You can do a little road (<10 miles?) and hook up Clopper/Seneca GW/Hoyles Mill/Black Hills for that much mileage w/o looping like a hamster in a wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.