Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Best Two Road Trips?

560 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Mr. Blonde 
#1 ·
If you could go anywhere in the U.S., what two resorts would you go to to ride this summer. And they don't have to be close to each other. I'm just trying to decide where to take my trips this summer.

#3 ·
Sun Valley Idaho... its right by the sawtooth mountains and has epic riding. Oh and the resort is cool too from what I've heard.

Ashland, Falls City, Portland in Oregon and Humboldt Cali. No ski resorts... just incredible singletrack. I'll hopefully be doing a variation of this in August. As long as I get to Humboldt and get on the perfectly (almost year round) tacky dirt and the 10 mile backcountry descents I'll be happy. But I need to get into Oregon for sure, I have a buddy that's on the trailbuilding crew at Black Rock Mountain, so I've got an open invitation to go and a comfy couch to crash on.

I dunno, it seems kinda pointless to go on a road trip vacation and limit yourself to just ski resorts. Why would you want to ride the same 1-1.5 mile long trails over and over and over? Granted, after you get dialled in on the trails you'll rip, but by then you'll be bored of the place. It just seems like a waste of time and money. Instead, go on a road trip with two bikes... something climbeable and your dh sled. Go to a resort or two, but for the love of god get your a$$es off the chairlift and do some uphill pedaling on the local singletrack which will more likely than not be tons better than the blown out and overused dustbowls that are ski resorts in the summer. Maybe dher's just don't understand the fact that the best descents are usually at the top of a long climb.

#4 ·
keystone....going end of july....and would love to check out whiteplanes

going to key,falls city, mammoth and whistler this year...

places like to go
snoeshoe
platkill
diablo
white face (lake placid)
durango
silverton

#5 ·
id say diablo, its 50 mins from NYC you could go party there at night, the lift from bottom to top is about 6 mins. you can get 5 runs in an hours, so thatst about 40-50 runs aday you could do. get the most riding out of the trip possible. you have hotel on site. diablo is rated number 1 on the east coast. and then you could also hit up plattekill which is 2 1/2 hours from diablo if you wanted too. plattekill has complete different riding then diablo, platty is 100% DH and diablo is 50% freeride and 50% DH so you get the best of both worlds. plattys lift takes forever tho feels like 12-15 mins bottom to top. but its just a choice you can do for the day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.