Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Just posted a ton of pictures from the Santa Yenz NMBR Downhill and Dual Slalom

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  RickR 
#1 ·
I just finished posting over 1400 photos from the Beginner / Sport / Expert (& Jr X) Downhill Practice and Race along with Dual Slalom Practice and Races. They are at:

https://bikeguy.smugmug.com/2008 NMBS Santa Ynez Valley National Mtn Bike Race

Each folder has both the smaller unedited photos and the larger full-sized edited photos. The files are arranged by plate number (number at the beginning of the file name. Given the bright sun and really dark shadows, you really want to use the edited copies ( if you have a bunch of spare time look at the differences between the files (edited and unedited).

I got really lazy at the Beginner /Sport DH Race and Saturday's DS races. I found some shade and waited for the riders to come to me. So basically, most of the photos all look the same, because I was way too hot to move.

Here are some that I like:

Please feel free to use for your personal use.

Regards
Rick

See less See more
#2 ·
#7 ·
wow nice pics, it must be nice to race in dry/warm conditions. over here on the east coast it has rained all 3 race weekends in a row! im sick and sick of the crap weather. time to move out west.

sorry rant over.

looks like a fun course.

#9 ·
HighTitan said:
wow nice pics, it must be nice to race in dry/warm conditions. over here on the east coast it has rained all 3 race weekends in a row! im sick and sick of the crap weather. time to move out west.

sorry rant over.

looks like a fun course.
Be careful what you wish for. The weather for the weekend was smoking hot (they shortened the XC race out of concern of heat stroke) I was so hot I just sat in one spot for both the beginner / sport DH and the DS races because I was in the shade (typically I move around during the races).

But, typically the weather in central Calif. is wonderful compared to just about anywhere else. We get a day of rain and everybody starts pissing and moaning about the weather.

Regards
Rick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.