Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2008 888 RCV vs. 888 RV

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  X-Vert 
#1 ·
Anyone rode these two forks back to back? I'm thinking the RV is like the old Jr. T with spiking problems? I know the RC3 is HSCV.

Thanks.

#5 ·
I don't know about this... On the internet, people are always talking **** about stuff that is not the best on the market, but I've seen SO many people rip bikes with those forks on them so damn fast, that I can't believe that they totally suck. Is that fork going to keep you from getting really fast? Probably not. Will it feel as good as a fork with HSCV damping? Probably not.

#10 ·
nickgto said:
I'd take the RCV over the RV. My friend has the '08 66RCV on his Demo and it ain't bad at all.
Does he have the white Demo 7 I? I'm considering that or the Demo 8 I. How does he like it? I really want DC but that 66 1.5 steerer should be good too?

#15 ·
dowst said:
You will be running back to the HSCV like a bunch of little kids to an ice cream truck.

The 2005 HSCV 888's are arguably the best 888's ever made. You can't even compare the RCV to them.
So to whom ever stole my bike, give me back the fork and I won't turn you in! :nono:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.