Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Suggestions please for a bike

675 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  yourdudeness 
#1 ·
What would you guys suggest for a downhill bike with a budget tops $1700 ???

#2 ·
That's an interesting budget. With $1700 to deal with you're going to have to buy used. I recommend looking for a used 2006 Demo 8 or 9. If you must you may have to go a little older, but Demo's are usually priced pretty good on classifieds, and they're a solid bike.

That's the only bike I can honestly recommend that you'll have a high chance of finding in your price range as a true DH bike. Browse around the classifieds, sometimes theres something you'll want.

Try:
MTBR Classifieds
Ridemonkey Classifieds
Pink Bike
Craigslist
eBay

#3 ·
SPAM

1200 gets you a
Azonic Gravity with 30 rides on it and 10 inches of travel
8inches of Shiver travel in front
saint cranks 2 years old
X-9 derailer and shifter
bran new outlaw rims (less then 10 runs on them
Hayes Mag brakes ..bleed to perfection

PM me for details

#4 ·
Raptordude said:
That's an interesting budget. With $1700 to deal with you're going to have to buy used. I recommend looking for a used 2006 Demo 8 or 9. If you must you may have to go a little older, but Demo's are usually priced pretty good on classifieds, and they're a solid bike.

That's the only bike I can honestly recommend that you'll have a high chance of finding in your price range as a true DH bike. Browse around the classifieds, sometimes theres something you'll want.

Try:
MTBR Classifieds
Ridemonkey Classifieds
Pink Bike
Craigslist
eBay
Ive seen at jensons a jamis el diablo 1.0 2006 never used for $1380
What do you think bro?

#7 ·
That could get you an '06-'07 Sinister R9 or same years/condition Morewood Izimu, both magnificent contenders. You just have to look frequently in places like bustedspoke.com, Ebay, etc.
Lately I've seen a few smoking deals at bustedspoke from guys upgrading their rides, as of now there's a guy selling an '04 Rocky Mtn RMX Pro for $950 which looks pretty good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.