Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

correct spring for Intense Socom Frame & Fox DHX 5.0

903 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  -C- 
#1 ·
I have a Socom and would like to get the definitive answer of the proper coil spring for the frame with a Fox DHX 5.0. I believe it needs 3" of stroke to get full travel. My bike purchased used had a 2.75" stroke coil spring. I need to possible go up in rate so I need to get the specs correct to make the purchase of the new coil spring. I have heard 2.75" through 3.25" was correct so if anyone could help. Thanks.

#2 ·
ckofod said:
I have a Socom and would like to get the definitive answer of the proper coil spring for the frame with a Fox DHX 5.0. I believe it needs 3" of stroke to get full travel. My bike purchased used had a 2.75" stroke coil spring. I need to possible go up in rate so I need to get the specs correct to make the purchase of the new coil spring. I have heard 2.75" through 3.25" was correct so if anyone could help. Thanks.
I have the Intense M-3 and it came with a 3.25 stroke but a 3.0 spring works with it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.