Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The fruits of my forum labour......

2K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  Orange-Goblin 
#1 ·
So finally i got my dream bike. The intense SS.

I got too excited and started building it right away, then stopped to take some shots before i did too much.
I've since put shifters/grips/mechs/seat+post on and It's having cables sorted at my LBS tonight, and wheels built up on my Chris Kings ASAP and hopefully will be ready this wk end for its virgin voyage. Meanwhile.... Hating the waiting!!

Ta for all the help on here, paid off eventually!! I dedicate this to combatkimura and climbingbubba!!

I'll post some complete pics when the time comes. Cheers all.

J

See less See more
#4 ·
alright!!!! no more bike comparing!!! just messing with you.
looks sick man, can't wait to hear how it rides.

i think your next 5 threads should have to deal with riding and pics of riding. that will make up for all of the past ones.

good luck on the build. im still waiting on mine. it really sucks when you have your entire bike built up and the only thing keeping you from riding is a 12mm conversion for your rear hub that your ordered 10 days ago and was told it would take 5 days and you get a call saying the wrong part came and the soonest the new one will be here this next friday.....um.. sorry, got carried away.
nice bike

#10 ·
climbingbubba said:
alright!!!! no more bike comparing!!! just messing with you.
looks sick man, can't wait to hear how it rides.

i think your next 5 threads should have to deal with riding and pics of riding. that will make up for all of the past ones.

good luck on the build. im still waiting on mine. it really sucks when you have your entire bike built up and the only thing keeping you from riding is a 12mm conversion for your rear hub that your ordered 10 days ago and was told it would take 5 days and you get a call saying the wrong part came and the soonest the new one will be here this next friday.....um.. sorry, got carried away.
nice bike
Yeah, no more bike / parts comparison threads anytime soon, i promise.

Instead.... see why i have been spending so much time on this forum...

Below is the result of an all too 'zesty' launch across a 25ft gap with an awful kicker and an even worse tranny landing. (It's since been removed).

Enjoy!

That was after the medic 'popped' the bone back in.

This is what was discovered on closer inspection.

and this is what the surgeon saw fit to use to fix it all up.

#14 ·
sanjosedre said:
Are you going to keep the Totem at 180 or lower it?

I currently have mine at 170 & it maintained the low'ish bb height of 13.7 & HA of 65.5-66
Yeah, going to see what its like for the time being, quite like having a bit more travel up front, and the slightly higher BB still won't be as high as my AM rig i'm coming off.

It's the Solo Air version so i'm not sure how i lower it anyway...? run more sag?

#20 ·
Orange-Goblin said:
This is what was discovered on closer inspection.
and this is what the surgeon saw fit to use to fix it all up.
YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUCCCCCCCHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster:

#25 ·
I'm pretty much recovered now, that was back in September, so 7 months on now. I still have a titanium rod in my leg, so i have to take it easy till that comes out in september/october (Plus recovery again).

Got my SS built up (http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=415723) and rode it virgin on Sunday, only a short jaunt though. Going to a trail centre this thursday so will have more feedback then. But its super plush and manouverable for starters!!

Thanks for the messages though. Its horrible not being able to ride. One thing i have learnt: if you pull up a second time, don't try and "just huck it"!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.