Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Anyone rocking a Charge Blender?

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  sam moore 
#1 ·
I have just taken my first ride on a hardtail in years and I was thoroughly impressed by how much fun it was. Admittedly it helpped that it was a steel frame-Cotic Soul. It didnt feel harsh at all and it was a total blast. I was popping off every little bump I could find and bunny hopping every 2 meters. I cant believe I have been trying to do everything on my 7" squish. I have also been visiting the dirt track lately and I want to spend more time there. I am looking for a frame I can take with me to Thailand and I dont think my fully will be well used. I am thinking of a play bike like the Soul only I dont want to spend that much as I cant be sure how safe my bike will be. I am also thinking of a bike that will compliment my fully so I dont have 2 bikes that are similar.

The Blender fits the bill nicely only it is a small frame and I am 6'1". I am not looking to clock big miles or tackle any serious hills but I still want to be able to pedal it around. I am also concerned with the 66 degree seat angle which sounds way slack and I have no idea how that would feel as I have never ridden less than 70/71 degrees. the head angle is also slack, 68 degrees with 100mm travel. I will be running my pike with the travel turned down but I still like to run 120-130mm of travel. That would give me an even slacker angle of 66.5 to 67 degrees.

Being a UK bike I dont know if there are many people riding charge bikes but I am still trying to find any feedback. The blender doesnt really fit into any specific category:eek: so I will also try posting in the DJ forum.:thumbsup:

See less See more
#2 ·
Charge Duster Ti Hardtail

Hi i ride a charge duster ti small frame with a fox 100rlc fork i,m 5 10' tall, the frame is excellent for xc it does have relaxed geomertry, other goodies i've put on it are thomson seat post and stem, xtr cranks xt brakes and xtr hubs with dt spokes and 521 rims hope this helps shaun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.