Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Another dumb "which bike for Whistler" thread

669 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  SHIVER ME TIMBERS 
#1 ·
OK, I have a v10 and an SX Trail. I really like the technical trails (think Garbanzo), but haven't been in a few years. When I was there 2 years ago, it seemed the V10 was overkill. I am a little older and have a few more kids, so I'm not as nimble as I was. I know I'll have with either one, but starting to overthink it.

#2 ·
i hate these threads, cant people make up their own minds on what bike to bring?

im racin a DH race this weekend should i bring my 5" travel bike or my full on 8.8" dh bike? guys help!!!!! need to know so i can bring the correct bicycle. :madman:

#4 ·
Just looking for thoughts. No need to flame, as I know it's a dumb thread (see title). I just want to know what people are having more fun on, as I have options. No, I'm not a rich spoiled kid. I have a solid career and would like the one week I take off this year to be enjoyable. Haven't been there in a while, and not sure what else is there. I don't go on here much, so I don't read all of these useless threads either to gather the general consensus.

#9 ·
bring the sx trail. super fun on the lower mountain - a line, dirt merchant, frieght train, crank it up, b line, clown shoes (just dont to the big drop!!!!!!!) and it should be able to handle garbanzo. I did goats gully on a nomad, so you should have no problem doing it on a sx trail. I did all of the upper mountain and it is a little rough with 6 or 7 inches of travel but you can make it work, I know I did. Bring the v 10 if you want to bomb garbanzo all day. :thumbsup: good luck in your decision

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.