Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

demo 9 issue

556 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  iron1 
#1 ·
I own a 06 demo 9 i love the bike other than its weight. About two weeks ago a clicking has developed when i pedal hard. The click occurs on every pedal motion. When one foot goes down 3-5 short clicks are heard. The noise seems to come from when a large amount of force is applied to the frame. The noise heard is similar to the loud clicking of a ringle rear hub. I am just trying to locate the noise. So far i have applied Teflon tape to the threads of the bottom bracket and tightened it well. I also made sure that the frame pivots, hardware are properly tightened. The weirdest thing is the frame is like new and the bike was a left over so it has only 5 rides on the bike. I don't know where to begin at this point, if anyone has any suggestions it would be great---Thanks

#3 ·
You don't put Teflon tape on the BB threads. You put waterproof grease on the threads.

Take the bike to a shop, and have them properly face the BB shell, chase the threads, and reinstall the BB. If that doesn't fix it, take it out and replace with some of the newer outboard bearing cranksets. The bike is a 2006, so it probably has an ISIS bottom bracket. They aren't known for their longevity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.