Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

I despertly need help.

565 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  idrunk 
#1 ·
Well I'm getting a new bike soon and I still can't decide. I would like to get either a trek or specialized. First off I'm 14 and now I'm about 5'10 or 5'11, I weigh about 120 and can spend about 3,500. I go on alot of trail rides(about 3 a week). I also just sometimes ride around town with my friends. I guess you could say I do alot of urban freeride( not trials just incase someone gets confused). I also do alot of jumps and short dh runs. I'm also hopeing to start dh racing and to go to Diablo Freeride Park alot. I aslo need the bike to be durable because I crash really hard sometimes. I like the remedy 7, used session 10, sx trail 1, and the big hits. I really need help because I seem to always change my mind.

#9 ·
The SXT will suit you fine. I rode one last year, and did quite a bit of racing. I blew the wheels up pretty quickly, but everything else was extremely durable (except the carbon cage rr der, but that's to be expected on a FR bike). It's a really versitle do-alot bike if you have to limit yourself to just one and are leaning to the freeride side of the fence.

I'd give Trek at least a season to figure out the ABP system they've introduced. It seems to be better than previous designs, but I'm still cautious when looking at their mountain product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.