Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Help My Frame Is Cracking!!!

1K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  NortheastHucker 
#1 ·
On my 2002 Rocky Mountain RM7 there is a large growing crack on the frame near the shock mount.....what can i do? Can it be welded? I dont think its under warrenty since im not the orginal owner but do they do crash replacements or anything?? Or am i just out a frame when this thing breaks?

#3 ·
It sucks, but there's not really anything you can do to repair the frame. Aluminum frames are heat treated, and theres a good chance that re-welding the frame will damage the heat treat.

I'm sure they'll help you out with a replacement frame if you call them up and (nicely) ask them what they can do to keep you riding a Rocky.

Otherwise, duct-tape and JB weld will do the trick.

Not.

#4 ·
For the moral support thing, hit up SMT. He'll give you a big hug. If you're a young boy, he'll even do it from behind. If you're nice, MAYBE he'll even give you a reach-around while he's at it.

RM will probably be a little more straightforward with you.

#8 ·
I always find it funny when people make threads of their cracked frames asking what they can do.
A crack = Structural deficancy.

When a frame brakes you are going straigt to the ground hard. You cannot brace for impact and you will not know when it will happen.

#11 ·
DHidiot said:
For the moral support thing, hit up SMT. He'll give you a big hug. If you're a young boy, he'll even do it from behind. If you're nice, MAYBE he'll even give you a reach-around while he's at it.

RM will probably be a little more straightforward with you.
You did a complete spinoff of what I thought you were going with this SMT shot. I thought you were going to tell the original poster to take notes from SMT to learn how to get sympathy from MTBR.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.