Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

GoodRidge!!!

928 views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Bobby Peru 
#1 ·
What do you guys think of it?... worth the investment?....

#3 ·
Didn't do too much for me with my mineral oil based brakes (Maguras, Shimanos). Might work better with DOT fuild based brakes. Wasn't worth the money. Now that I upgraded the brakes to Formulas, the lines aren't being used. I can sell you mine if you are interested.

#4 ·
they look rad, they are durable and reliable, the fittings are nice and they are overall easy to work with. it -may- be a performance increase, i think the most likely benefit of the more rigid line is having a more consistent feel between your front and rear brakes. they cost money, hard to say if its worth it or not. i have them on my maguras on my dirtjump bike, but i don't have them on my saints on my freeride bike. i like them allot, but i'm not running out to get them on my other bike. i'd like to eventually, but its no big thing.

#6 ·
Bobby Peru said:
They are NOT suggested for my brakes- Avid Codes....I really like the way they look...but I don't want to mess up my brakes!
Isn't that cause they supposedley make them "too" powerful? Anyways, goodridge is totally worth it. I got it on my hopes and my juicy's. They feel great and look bling bling. Its nice knowing that all the fittings are reuseable.

#7 ·
Bobby Peru said:
They are NOT suggested for my brakes- Avid Codes....I really like the way they look...but I don't want to mess up my brakes!
My friend have goodridge on it's code, seriously it makes the brake to be toooooOOO powerful... one small tap and it would sent you flying.... BTW my friend is loving it.
:thumbsup:

#10 ·
They make hayes brakes almost, dare i say, good.. I put them on my hayes hfx mag's and they are amazing miles above the stock p.o.s hayes brake line. I bet they would be great for avid too, but they already have nice lines so not sure if it would be worth the investment.

#12 ·
I have them on my '89 Si Hatchback. They make a big difference vs. the stock rubber lines. More power and firmer pedal feel.

I have Codes on my bike. They work great w/ the stock lines. Plenty of power, no fading, and modulation is way better than any Hayes set I've had. I don't see the need to mess with them just yet...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.