Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Xtension Explor - need you help

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  sodak 
#1 ·
He guys i need your edvice.
I ride Xtension Explor and i love them
My ride style is from AM and epic desert rides to agresive FR and some times DH.
I run it with Dhx coil and fox 36 talas rc2 .
I also have 2 sets of weels . one light with 2.35 tires and the other one more masive withe 2.5/2.6 2ply tires for the DH and FR rides/

On the 29' of Jun i am going to Les Gets France for DH FR vacation .
I think that the Fox talas 36 is not enough.
My friend is selling rockshox boxxer ride 178-133
The Xtension can take up to 180 fork.

The boxxer weigh 400g more than the 36 / the AC is the same /
Is anyone ride with 180 on an explor and how it will epect my am rides(I know that it would feel beter on DH and FR)

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
hozzerr1 said:
Obviously, there was a surplus of those frames by the manufacturer. Azonic used to sell the exact same frame under the name Saber about 5-6 yrs. ago.
SMT has one of those too, collecting dust.
One big difference is the rear triangle........that one's got the horst link. European.

my first thought was "Azonic in disguise" until I looked closer..

#14 ·
Not sure if this will help, but

I am not familar with that particular frame. It did, however, catch my eye. My first venture into DH/FR started with a stock Fuji Adventure Comp. It came with a 145mm Manitou Nixon,....poop. So I started upgrading as I got the money. I ended up with this Franken-Fuji. The bike ended up being amazing. I got alot of funny looks, but hey,.. I love the bike.

The frame look "similiar" to yours, but not as burly. It is a horst link, but I think it is right around 6 inches of travel. Maybe 5 and some change. I put the Boxxer Ride U-turn (133-178) on there and it felt perfect. I have rocked Snow Shoe and many, many DH/FR adventures on her, and she still rides smooth. I think you will be fine, and happy, with the bigger fork.

Here is the Franken-Fuji...............:D

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.