Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Demo 8 2007 sizing

3K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  ban 
#1 ·
sorry for asking another size question but I can get good priced demo 8 2007 frame, size M and I'm afraid it will be too much large for my size being 5"7...what do you guys think?? I'm coming form a Banshee Scream which has a 22.8" top tube and the Demo has a 22.6" so they are pretty close...but the Demo has got a longer wheelbase than the Scream so I dont kow what to do...

#5 ·
might be an interesting set up... be prepared to spend LOTS of time setting it up and dialing it in. However you shouldn't have any significant computability issues.

A while back it was thought that you could not run e13s on the new style demo, however I have set up about a dozen or so for customers issue free. shouldn't have a problem whatsoever.

#6 ·
cheers for the info as well...btw...what's up with running a Chris King headset and a Demo 8 frame?? is that true that you have to order a special kit or sth smiliar from CK??if so, which headset can I run w/o risking to damage the headtube??:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

chooofoojoo said:
might be an interesting set up... be prepared to spend LOTS of time setting it up and dialing it in. However you shouldn't have any significant computability issues.

A while back it was thought that you could not run e13s on the new style demo, however I have set up about a dozen or so for customers issue free. shouldn't have a problem whatsoever.

#7 ·
ban said:
cheers for the info as well...btw...what's up with running a Chris King headset and a Demo 8 frame?? is that true that you have to order a special kit or sth smiliar from CK??if so, which headset can I run w/o risking to damage the headtube??:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The Specialized cobra head tube has an enlarged lower ream. To run a chris king you need to run the +0.04" lower cup (it has a bigger diameter)

Specialized will not warranty your frame if you ran a regular chris king headset. IF you have an existing king which you would like to use, you can send it to CK and get the larger cup swapped out for a fee (i think it was like $50 when I had mine done)

Other safe headsets to use are :
Hope
Cane Creek (the new 110 is nice)
FSA pig series
and a few others.

Some other brands which I'd stay away from on the demo are:

Sunline - The parallel contact is nice, however it DOES wear out. When it does, you cannot tighten it by design. I went through TWO v1 headsets in half a season.

Acros : Nice headset overall, but the cup size is just too small. They are about the same size as the Cris King and will prematurely lead ot your headtube wallowing. Unfortunately have had to replace a few frames that have wallowed because they ran this headset.

hope this helps man.

#8 ·
I'm happy now I've asked that :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

chooofoojoo said:
The Specialized cobra head tube has an enlarged lower ream. To run a chris king you need to run the +0.04" lower cup (it has a bigger diameter)

Specialized will not warranty your frame if you ran a regular chris king headset. IF you have an existing king which you would like to use, you can send it to CK and get the larger cup swapped out for a fee (i think it was like $50 when I had mine done)

Other safe headsets to use are :
Hope
Cane Creek (the new 110 is nice)
FSA pig series
and a few others.

Some other brands which I'd stay away from on the demo are:

Sunline - The parallel contact is nice, however it DOES wear out. When it does, you cannot tighten it by design. I went through TWO v1 headsets in half a season.

Acros : Nice headset overall, but the cup size is just too small. They are about the same size as the Cris King and will prematurely lead ot your headtube wallowing. Unfortunately have had to replace a few frames that have wallowed because they ran this headset.

hope this helps man.

#11 ·
okay everybody cheers for the info...another question about the chainguide...do I have problems fitting a e 13 LG1 with a homemade taco on the frame?? I've read that I could have some clearence problems between frame and the taco...and finally, are the tabs ISCG or 05 ISCG?I do think it's ISCG but I recall having read something in the e 13 web page about some ISCG 05 adaptors...??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.