Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

actual "08" marzocchi weights with pics!

1K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  FreerideMonkey7 
#1 ·
So I ended up getting a wc ata today and figured I weigh it in against the 66 rc3 being as there is so much discrepancy on weights going on. I figured it would be a good start and to those buying new marz stuff add your weights with pics, it will end up on other sites as well as thats welcome but it will also put real world weights up and allow would be users or intrested peeps to make a informed decision on real weights.

BTW Love the new fork it rocks and cant bring myself to unload the 66 rc3 just looks too sick and is my ticket to a quick and nimble ride,! :D
BTW par removale isnt necessary due inpart to the increased air chamber this year, allowing a more linear feel then progressive.

08 888 WC ATA with full length steer and axle (No stem)
6.96 lbs

08 66 RC3 full length steer and axle
7.07 lbs

08 Roco WC air 2.75X8.75
515 grams

See less See more
#15 ·
That ATA 888 is just about what my friend's was, within a 0.1 lb I think. A bit more than the claimed 6.4 they used to claim.

I just went on their web page, its more up to date now:eek: The ATA 888 used to say 6.4 I think, and the 888 RC3 WC was 7.2, now it says 8.0 lbs. That's more like it, my other friend got the RC3 and was shocked it weight 8.2 lbs, a full pound more than their web page said.

Ha, my 4X WC used to be 4.5, now its 5.17. I guess oil counts huh?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.