Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Pictures of my new Turner DHR

6K views 42 replies 32 participants last post by  Internal14 
#1 ·
Well, it took a long time, but its finally done. Got the parts list I wanted, didn't pay too much, and on top of that, got some extra steez on this rig.

Let me know what you think!

Build List:
Frame: 2006 Turner DHR Medium Drilled with Fox DHX 5.0
Fork: 2007 Marzocchi 888 SL ATA
Wheels: 2008 Azonic Outlaws
Brakes: Shimano Saint 203mm
Cranks: Truvativ Holzfeller OCT
Bottom Bracket: Truvativ Howitzer Team
Chainguide: LG1 with Taco
Drivetrain: SRAM X.9
Chainring: e13 DH Ring
Handlebars: Sunline .75"
Grips: Sunline
Seatpost: SDG I-Beam
Saddle: SDG I-Fly C
Pedals: Crank Bros. 50/50
Tires: Maxxis Minion

Still to be done:
Ghetto Tubeless
Ti Spring

Other then that this thing is set for Northstar. Pretty excited about it. Let me know what you guys think!

See less See more
#22 ·
To answer questions...

Novato Kid, I came home to Marin for a weekend, I'll be back for the summer May 21st or the 22nd. Then tripping it up to Northstar the 23rd.

pillette, I used my mom's Sony Cybershot camera. It's totally generic, not sure how I got good pictures out of it...

coiler8, not sure about the weight. It feels pretty light as is, looking forward to going tubeless and Ti Spring. I think when its said and done should be 39. Feels 40ish now.

Uncle Cliffy, drilled means you modified the frame to get better geometry. Not sure if you can tell in the pictures but there are two holes in the rear swingarm where the linkage connects. The hole forward is the stock position which is a higher BB and steeper head angle. To drill means you literally drill a hole about 10mm back from the stock position to get a slacker head angle and lower bottom bracket. Turner doesn't really 100% support the drill mod, but they indirectly back it since so many people do it.

Props to Choofoojoo for the nice bars...they're way dope. Thanks!

#25 ·
Raptordude said:
Uncle Cliffy, drilled means you modified the frame to get better geometry. Not sure if you can tell in the pictures but there are two holes in the rear swingarm where the linkage connects. The hole forward is the stock position which is a higher BB and steeper head angle. To drill means you literally drill a hole about 10mm back from the stock position to get a slacker head angle and lower bottom bracket. Turner doesn't really 100% support the drill mod, but they indirectly back it since so many people do it.
Gotcha. I see it now... ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.