Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

66 ATA for Canfield Balance? How is this fork?

873 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  wormvine 
#1 ·
See a lot of info on the on the RC3, but not much info on the ATA....maybe it's overkill. Also looking at a Lyric or Domain U-turn coil.

#3 ·
150mm travel is ideal for Balance

I have had a few forks on my Balance and end the end, am super happy with a 150mm travel 66rc2x. 140-150 puts it in the geometry sweet spot and any fork that puts you in that range and gives you the feel you want will work. I wanted stiff, so was looking at the larget stantion, thru axle designs. Tried van36, lyric, and ended on 66. Liked the lyric but was really more of a trail fork in feel. Never as supple as I wanted and needed more servicing than I wanted to do. Domain is a super solid design for a great price. 36 was a tad too long for most riding. 66 is perfect in feel but I do miss dropping the travel for climbs at times. 66 ata could be great as long as you get one that is issue free. Marzhocchi has been good at taking care of people but there have been a few issues raised with the ata's in the past. Whether or not that influences your choice is up to you.

#4 ·
I had a 66 light on a Coiler before and was very happy with the feel of the fork. This is going to be my only bike (at least for a while), so I would like it to be versatile. I tend to break things, so I don't mind a little bit heavier for durability. I have like Marz products, but I have seen some complaints about the new forks. I was thinking about maybe an 06 or 07 66 and lowering it if that is possible, a 170 or 180mm fork seems way too tall. I like the idea of the Domain U-turn and being able to fine tune the length.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.