Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Will TLD Warrantee my D2?

• Of course, It's a $300 helmet and shouldn't come unglued.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • No, if you get knocked out the warrantee is void.

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • I like vanilla.

Votes: 9 39.1%

Will TLD Warrantee my D2?

773 views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  MTBKauai 
#1 ·
The inner shell (foam) has become separated from the outer shell (composite). I took a 'knockout' crash in Whistler, but since the shells are tacked together with two little blobs of hot glue I'm hoping they'll replace it.

If they don't, I've got a hot glue gun and can fix it up myself.

I have a call into them, just curious what the mob says about it while I'm waiting for the reply.

It's 8 months old, but only ridden about 20 days.

Vote now...

#9 ·
If the liner has cut loose, and you took a bad blow to the head, then that helmet has done it's job.
Replace it.
Don't "fix it".
The liner has probably been crushed.
Maybe they'll do a crash replacement. but if they don't, don't be mad. It's what you bought the helmet for to begin with.

#15 ·
We have a winner...

No. It's not covered. Any impact voids the warrantee.

Yes. They offer a crash replacement discount. After I return the helmet (and they check it), they'll give me 30% off a new one.

With the cost to ship it from Hawaii to California then back it might be cheaper to find a new one online with 'free shipping'...

#18 ·
It's good to be sponsored...

By sponsored, I mean married.

My wife just authorized a 100% crash replacement and threw in the carbon upgrade. :thumbsup:

FOR SALE: TLD D2 Composite. Only used a few times. Not even 'funky' yet. Includes trace amounts of A-line and new 'tough-guy' cosmetic gouges.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.