Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

new bouncing baby...5spot?

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  cactuscorn 
#1 ·
So I finally got rid of my old fuel for a 5 spot....and I don't need to explain how sweet it is to you guys, but my brother insists pictures must be posted so here they are.....
Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel

Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim

Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Mode of transport Bicycle part

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Wheel Mode of transport Spoke

Only problem I had with the assembly would be from my brother, who failed to give me a set of rotor bolts so I had literally just the brakes to mount and I could ride, but had to wait for him to ship me the bolts. In his defense, however, he did overnight the bolts and the following night I was rolling with 5 inches under me arse. Since then I've had the usual chris king hub break in, but somehow the adjustment nut was seized on the rear. Otherwise, there hasn't been a single problem with it. The most problem free bike I've own since the trek 6000 i had when I was 15. This is one sweet ride!

See less See more
#3 ·
Ty, sadly alot of the stuff came off the fuel. Broke peoples like me have to be cheap. The rear d, the crank, the stem, the bar all came off the fuel, the fork, wheels, and front d are new. The brakes are actually from my bro, squish. He rebuilt them then sent them to me for a song.

#4 ·
Mike You Suck!!!!!.....

But you better bring it down here next trip!!! I wanna ride it! Looks sweet though. Did you get the hub sorted out?

Oh, by the way, you forgot the obligatory "sofa shot". If you're scratching your head over that one, dig around the forum till you find one. You'll figure it out. :thumbsup:

Good Dirt

#5 ·
Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

I out did the sink/sofa shot, how many you got a shower shot? Couldn't find my speedo though...:eek:
I got the hub issue worked. Apparently the locking screw had a small amount of loctite on it and it dribbled down to the threads of the adjusting cone. Little bit of force later it moved and all is well. Now I'm just playing adjust the suspension. Obviously the next time it will go down with us to Sewer city. However, unless my car starts running on oreo cookies I'm gonna be S.O.L. for a while on traveling. Gas sucks too much right now.:madman:

By the way, that thing sucked to get upstairs. GOES DOWN THEM LIKE A DEMON, THOUGH!:D

#8 ·
Ahh yes, the charcoal blue metalic is sweet. Bit of a risk ordering it too, because nobody had a really good picture of it. In lower light conditions it really doesn't look to interesting, but in the sun is where it really shines, I couldn't get that with a camera if I wanted to.

Hey josh, do you remember what size rim tape you used when you built my wheels? I got a response from stans, with 5.1d you CAN use the standard system, but you need to use 1 layer of 17 mm wide velox rim strip to get it to work. Plus with the amazing review they give nevegals on stans, I really wanna set it up.

#14 ·
chit man! id forgotten yer mtbr handle. i didnt know this thread existed or was yers till squish told me about it after last nights ride. the things that come up after a cpl hours in ponca and a hour at bobs bar stuffin 1 of those massive burgers down my gullet. top it all off with some domestic swill and ya have a big night in old town.

bike looks killer mike. huge like a bobs burger but nice. i considered that color on the rfx for a long time. the shower shot is.... disturbing.

#15 ·
Be happy I didn't decide to wear my speedo.

Disclaimer:
In the event I do decide to wear a speedo on this forum, I will have a warning in the subject line. Upon reading this and opening the post, you take full responsibility of any mental pain, anguish, and/or therapy you may feel and/or require afterwards. Upon opening the post, if you feel nauseated, light headed, or dizzy you should close the post immediately, If these symptoms continue you should contact your physician (which I'm also not responsible for) immediately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.