Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Afternoon rides at wakefield

970 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Iridethedirt 
#1 ·
I'm looking for anybody who would want to take advantage of nice days and ride at wakefield. i know there is a moderate/quick paced group ride that leaves for the trailhead at like 6:30 on thursdays i believe... however, I'm a bit out of shape these days and working my way back into the sport. I work very close by wakefield and get out of work pretty early, so I tend to show up to the park around 4ish.
at any rate, if anybody is interested in setting something up, let me know. I dont know that a certain day should be established, but it could help. I might just post a message on here whenever I'm planning on riding. this upcoming week its all on the weather, so we'll see, but yea if anybody is interested please let me know.

#6 ·
I can do

Thursday but closer to 5 ish if that works. I am just getting back on the bike so Im outta shape myself. Let me know if you want to get together next Thursday. I live in Springfield and would just ride through Accotink to meet you.

#7 ·
I'm down for that depending what the weather this week does. hopefully it will be dry enough/no rain. at anyrate, I'll check the forums and watch the weather. i get out of work pretty early, about 3:30 normally, and work only 15 minutes from wakefield but i am willing to wait till 5. this upcoming week at work might mean some nights, if that prevents me from being able to ride, I'll also post it up.
anyway, hope for dry days!

side note: i saw a commercial on TV at a friends house today for spokes etc. they showed a guy riding the berms at wakefield, it was pretty cool to see that.

#8 ·
Shmoo said:
Colt's Neck is in Reston, yes. Right off of Sunset Hills. We also do Saturday mornings quite frequently. This group is usually a wide range of levels of riders, so it's a medium-paced ride.
is there anyplace where you update ride times/dates? I used to ride that trail all the time back about 10 years ago. I'd ride the 5 miles to the trail, ride the trail to the farside of lake fairfax, and then ride back.... its a fun one! I'd love to meet up and ride with you guys, so keep me posted on times/dates.
ford.km@gmail.com is my email, feel free to shoot me an email or whatever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.