Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Azonic Steelhead frame

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  alexit 
#1 ·
looking at getting a little HT to buildup for the pumptrack, 4X course that Eric Carter built for us, and other stuff at new Idaho Velodrome.

Pricepoint has good deal on the frame at a little over $100 for new frame but there's no reviews on mtbr.

good steel frame? any breakage or any other issues?

thanks much! appreciate it

#2 ·
I love mine, tough as coffin nails. Geo is good, a little slaker than most hardtails, but I like that. I am not the smoothest rider out there, and I frign abuse mine. Just put a pike on it and even hit rock gardens. The only downside is the weight, probably 1/2 lb hevier than a TOP. For the $ well worth it.:thumbsup:

#5 ·
Are those CB's flat's you're running?

I'm probably gonna pick the frame up then - It's actually about $150, which is still fine. Green. I'll be building it real similar to yours-I have the white Outlaws, probly go single speed, I got a domain not a pike, but it runs down to 115mm to that should work.

#6 ·
just sold mine on ebay

They are sick bikes that can take it all. I had mine built up many ways. 26" 24", ridgid, front der, rear der, SS.
Sucks though, I only got 52$ for it. I guess Its only 100$ new so I shouldent complain. I picked up a 2007 P2 frame in alum. and wow I just shaved 3-4 lbs of my DJ/ pumptrack bike. Wow.

Attachments

#8 ·
mtnbkrdr98 said:
Are those CB's flat's you're running?

I'm probably gonna pick the frame up then - It's actually about $150, which is still fine. Green. I'll be building it real similar to yours-I have the white Outlaws, probly go single speed, I got a domain not a pike, but it runs down to 115mm to that should work.
I will sell you mine for 100 plus shipping and include a rear surly flip flop hub laced to rhyno lite rim and the v brakes. frame in great condition, maybe 5-10 rides.

#9 ·
mtnbkrdr98 said:
looking at getting a little HT to buildup for the pumptrack, 4X course that Eric Carter built for us, and other stuff at new Idaho Velodrome.

Pricepoint has good deal on the frame at a little over $100 for new frame but there's no reviews on mtbr.

good steel frame? any breakage or any other issues?

thanks much! appreciate it
One of my friends here in Nashville has a Steelhead bike for sale. He priced it for a complete bike ($375), but due to my interest in the fork and cranks, he may part it out. Let me see how much he wants for the frame, if you're still looking for one.

#10 ·
jjscarf said:
I will sell you mine for 100 plus shipping and include a rear surly flip flop hub laced to rhyno lite rim and the v brakes. frame in great condition, maybe 5-10 rides.
Dammit scarf, you beat me to it. Didn't realize you'd get on it so quick.

#11 ·
My friend's failed in my driveway. Chain dropped off of the inside of the cassette by accident, no jumps/tricks or anything. He didn't reef on it at all, just half a turn of the cranks while sitting down and SNAP, XT derailleur shattered, derailleur hanger folded almost 90 degrees, and the dropout itself folded like a tissue. The LBS managed to bend it back enough that you can cram a wheel in there but the alignment is still a little off, and the metal is certainly weakened. Azonic never responded to emails or calls about warranty.

Aside from that issue, it was a nice, sturdy bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.