Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

I've narrowed it down...

771 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  lyndonchen 
#1 ·
between a new '07 kona cinder cone and a new '08 gary fisher piranha. I really like the fisher b/c of the color but i like the fact that the kona is a little cheaper. I was Just wondering if you guys had any insight into the bikes to help me make a little more of an educated decision on the two. Thanks guys.

#4 ·
From their spec sheets, it looks like the GF has a better fork and better brakes (Shimano hydros vs Hayes mech). Drivetrains look reasonably similar, just going to be personal preference between SRAM and Shimano methods of shifting. Hard to say any differences between the bars, stem, and post. Same with the wheels.

Which bike fits better? This'll be the determining factor.

#9 ·
well i just won the kona on ebay right now. got it for a pretty good price so if i dont like anything on it, i can use the money i saved to get better pieces after i abuse the stock stuff for a while. then i can get a better feel for my riding style since im fairly new to mtn biking and also what kind of a setup i prefer more...my next situation is to find a cheap trailer hitch bike rack for the bike. i cant believe how expensive those thiings can be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.